Blizzard announced a couple weeks back that Diablo 3 will be releasing on May 15 2012. They have started the beta invites and have been sending out additional invites over the past couple of weeks. Blizzard has hit the 2 million followers mark on Facebook and has created 2 new banners in recognition. They have also been releasing new information on the five heroes of Sanctuary. So far they have touched on 2 heroes, here are the links to that coverage:
Blizzard also released some additional information from the developers on the mini site for the five heroes of Sanctuary titled “Darkness Falls, Heroes Rise”. This article is aimed at the concerns users are having with the mini site.
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Official Forums)
The site was very unstable the first few days of launch and I wasn’t receiving confirmation emails that I’d successfully claimed a sigil. Why didn’t you extend the time the demon hunter was active?
- Even though confirmation emails weren’t being sent, we did receive all submissions made during the period when our mailer wasn’t working. If you’re worried your submission wasn’t received and that hero is no longer available, fret not, there will be a period at the end of the promotion where you’ll be able to claim any sigils you might’ve missed.
- While we’ve had no problems receiving all of your banner submissions, we experienced an issue that prevented us from being able to update the gallery on the website. This should now be fixed and you can expect to see new faces in the gallery (maybe even your own!) much more frequently.
- As we’re receiving hundreds of thousands of images, not all submissions will be posted on the website.
- If your image is selected for display in our gallery, you’ll receive an email letting you know.
- We experienced an issue during the first few days of the promotion where our mailer was not properly sending confirmations to participants. As of April 9 this has been fixed; however, rest assured that this didn’t prevent us from receiving submissions prior to April 9. If you’re still worried about not receiving the sigil, you’re welcome to submit another entry in order to get a confirmation email. There will be a brief period at the end of the promotion where you’ll be able to obtain sigils you might’ve missed.
- The website doesn’t verify your email address is valid at the time you make a banner image submission, so make sure you type it in carefully! You’ll receive a Mark of Valor confirmation email shortly after submitting your picture.
- The automated email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re worried about whether or not an email is legitimate, just know that no action is required on your part if you receive an email from this address (you won’t be asked to reply or click on any links).
- This is an issue we fixed very recently. Share your image with the world now!
- There was initially an issue that prevented the progress indicator from properly reflecting participant activity on the site. This has been fixed and you should see the progress indicator update more frequently.
- We’re keeping records of all the Battle.net accounts which have claimed each sigil. Within the first couple of weeks of Diablo III’s release (May 15), we’ll be processing all of these accounts and flagging them to unlock the appropriate sigils. The bonus sigils will automatically appear for those who unlocked them in the banner customization screen in-game.